Succession Planning for Business Owners
There is a direct link between business success and employee benefits. Some of the most successful businesses are those with satisfied employees. And it should not surprise anyone that some of the most satisfied (and productive, dedicated and loyal!) employees are those that are content with the employment benefits provided by their employer.
But just as success does not automatically happen in business – it takes dedication and hard work; putting together an equitable employee benefits package requires careful planning and foresight.
WHY EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PLANNING IS IMPORTANT
The very success of your company could depend on the types of benefits package you offer your employees. With so many of your peer and competitor businesses competing for good talent, it is often not the pay-rate that attracts good employees, but the complete benefits package they receive.
But there is more to employee benefits than just enticing great talent to join your company. If your benefits package does not keep pace with the industry you are in, chances are that your competitors will win over talented workers from you. All your investment in training and equipping them with business knowledge and skills will become an expense to be written-off – instead of an asset to capitalize on!
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
While you focus on encouraging your clients and business associates to establish profitable business relationships with your company, our Employee Benefits specialists will help find a package of employee benefits that will motivate your workforce to work hard and stay committed to your ideals. Our emphasis is always on:
- Finding personalized solutions, as opposed to cookie-cutter out-of-the-box plans.
- Recommending solutions that help you reduce benefits management and administration costs across the company.
- Offering benefits packages that are in line with what your industry peers are offering their employees.
- Proposing plans that are low on red-tape, and high on delivering real value to your employees: Targeted benefits. Quicker processing. Seamless and secure access. Transparent reporting.
- Advising on plans that do not just meet today’s needs, but that can continue to evolve as your business grows and matures.
Before we bring forward recommendations for an ideal Employee Benefits plan for your business, we will first understand what it is that you wish to accomplish from the package. We then review the existing landscape of employee benefits and bring forward recommendations that will best meet the needs of your company.
Here are just some of the areas that our Employee Benefits team can assist you in finding a solution to help your business grow, and to keep your workforce motivated and committed:
- Benefits Plans
- Life insurance coverage: Employee/dependent Life Insurance coverage.
- Disability insurance: Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Illness insurance
- Reimbursement plans: Staff/Executive reimbursement plans.
- Accidental death/dismemberment insurance
- Drug coverage: Prescription drug coverage.
- Professional services: Professional medical services coverage, including Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and Psychological assistance.
- Other medical plans: Dental and Vision care.
- Additional spending: Health-care spending accounts.
- Staff programs: Employee/dependent assistance programs (Grief counselling, Substance-abuse therapy, Mental Health advisories, Elder-Care counselling).
- Travel plans: Emergency travel assistance planning.
So, what does it mean for you and your business to have a great Employee Benefits plan? Better-quality employee attraction. Higher employee morale. Greater employee productivity. Stronger employee retention.
FINANCIAL PLANNING FOR BUSINESS OWNERS
When you are full of ideas for starting a new business, all you can see is what is going to happen tomorrow. The thought of having their vision turned to reality often blinds new entrepreneurs to that all-important question: Does it all makes sense financially? While passion is key to turning vision into a functional business, prudent financial planning is critical to ensure that reality comes to fruition and continues to survive and thrive!
WHY FINANCIAL PLANNING IS IMPORTANT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS
Just as even the savviest of pilots cannot always fly blind all the time, so too is the case with business owners. Meticulous financial planning, for the short-term, in the intermediate period, and for the long-term horizon, is vital if a business is to succeed.
Without sound financial planning, even the best of business ideas will soon falter and perish. Business financial planning is the lifeblood for any venture to succeed, expand and flourish in the long run.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
Here’s how our Business Financial Planning solutions can help you:
- Start-up financial planning: As you start up your new venture, you will need to finance its ongoing operations. Our experts can help uncover creative capital financing opportunities for you.
- Business plans: To ensure the ongoing viability of your business, you will need help putting together a sound business plan – for the short, intermediate and long-term. We can help create that pan for you.
- Contingency planning: Emergencies and unforeseen situations can arise anytime during the life of the business. It takes savvy financial advice to ensure you have the financial safety net to successfully weather the business through such events.
- Taxation: Most jurisdictions offer several tax incentives to business owners, so that they might create, expand and continue operating in those jurisdictions. Unfortunately, many business owners are either unfamiliar of the tax-friendly nature of such incentives; or they underutilize them to the detriment of their business. Leave it to our experts to help you understand such incentives so you can apply them to minimize your business taxes.
- Asset acquisition: Whether you choose to own an asset outright for your business, or ensure its use through other means, will depend on the financing options available to you. We can help you make buy versus rent, versus lease decisions that are right for you.
- Debt management: Is it best to borrow against business assets? Or should consider refinancing? Or would it make sense to dispose-off some assets to finance debt? These are every-day decisions that we help business owners make.
- Business expansion and diversification: When it comes to expanding and diversifying your business, you’ll find us right beside you when evaluating financial proposals and financing options to fund those initiatives.
- Employee retention: No business is ever successful without satisfied employees. We will work with you to help offer attractive remuneration, compensation and benefits packages to your employees, that will motivate them to consider making a long-term career with you and your company.
- Succession planning: What happens if something untoward happens to you? What if you wanted to step down, or take a less active role in the business? Is there someone groomed and primed to assume the mantle of leadership and succession?
- Retirement, Estate and Legacy planning: And when it’s time for you to call it quits, we will be right there to ensure you are able to enjoy the fruits of your hard work. Through careful planning, we will not only make sure you enjoy a comfortable retirement, but that your legacy passes seamlessly to your next generation of successors.